LCBO Stayner, Ontario
Stayner LCBO Address:
Stayner LCBO Hours:
Stayner LCBO Phone: (705) 428-3511
Is the Stayner LCBO open tomorrow?
The Stayner LCBO location is open from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m every day except on Sundays when it opens at 11:00 a.m. Customers should use the shop locator feature to see whether their local store hours have changed. It’s possible that an LCBO store will close unexpectedly or change its hours and/or days of operation
Where is the LCBO in Stayner?
- Directions from the Stayner Arena
- 269 Regina St, Stayner, ON L0M 1S0
- Head east toward Regina St 120 m
- Turn left onto Regina St 110 m
- Continue onto North St 600 m
- Turn right onto ON-26 E 500 m
- Continue onto County Rd 42 300 m
- Turn left
- Destination will be on the right 52 m
- Stayner LCBO
History of Stayner LCBO
The Liquor Control Board of Ontario is a Crown organization that retails and distributes alcoholic drinks across Ontario, Canada. The minister of finance is responsible to the Legislative Assembly. It was founded in 1927 by Premier George Howard Ferguson’s government to sell liquor, wine, and beer. In 1916, as part of Canada’s prohibition, such sales were openly prohibited. The establishment of the LCBO signalled a loosening of the province’s temperance laws. The LCBO had 651 liquor outlets as of September 2017.
For nearly a century after its founding, the LCBO had a “quasi-monopoly” on the sale of alcoholic beverages in Ontario: for the most part, LCBO stores were the only retail outlets licensed to sell alcohol in Ontario, with the notable exceptions of beer (The Beer Store had a quasi-monopoly on retailing beer for most of this period) and a few wine shops, which had once been rogue. Many of these independent establishments were on-site at vineyards, breweries, or distilleries, and Wine Shop and Wine Rack locations were frequently found within grocery stores. The LCBO’s quasi-monopoly status made it the world’s largest purchasers of alcoholic beverages because Ontario is Canada’s most populous province, with over 13 million people, or about 40% of the country’s population.
Clearview was established on January 1, 1994, when the Town of Stayner, the Village of Creemore and the Townships of Nottawasaga and Sunnidale were amalgamated. The Townships of Nottawasaga and Sunnidale were incorporated in 1851 and 1858, respectively.
Early settlement on the site of Stayner coincided with the construction of a railway line from Toronto to Collingwood, Ontario between 1851 and 1855. The community of Stayner, which was originally called Nottawasaga Station, developed into a significant agricultural and lumbering centre. Stayner was incorporated as a village in 1872, and as a Town in 1888. The Village of Creemore was incorporated effective 20 November 1889.
Before incorporation, New Lowell was the site of a timber plant owned by Jacques and Hay.
As of 2006, compared to Ontario as a whole, Construction, Agriculture, and Manufacturing industries employ a greater than average percentage of the workforce (Business, Finance and Real Estate employ smaller than average). The employment rate was 67.1% (62.8% for Ontario) and the unemployment rate was 4.5% (6.4% for Ontario). 40% of the workforce worked outside the municipality and 13% worked from home.
The well-known Creemore Springs Brewery is located in Creemore.
The Stayner Sun is the township’s newspaper of record. It has published continually since 1877. The newspaper is owned by Metroland Media Group.